[Koha-devel] Release Manager : how long (open question)

Paul Poulain paul.poulain at biblibre.com
Tue Aug 10 16:20:46 CEST 2010

Le 24/07/2010 09:56, Chris Cormack a écrit :
> A lot of that of course depends on what the RM wants, in my past
> experience it isn't a very fun job and takes a lot of time. I'm sure
> the others who have served as release managers/maintainers would
> agree. I'm not sure I'd be up for doing 2 releases in a row, and I
> actually think it might be good to change the release manager often. I
> think working on making the transition easy and making the RM's duties
> less onerous is the way to go and then shift the duties around each 6
> months would be good.
yes and no.
switching RM will probably need a few weeks, if not a few months: time
to elect the RM, for the RM to propose new workflows if he wants, new
coding rules, and all those things.
So switching every 6 months looks too often to me. I think 12 months is
a minimum.

any other opinion ?

--
Paul POULAIN