[Koha-devel] zebra oddity

Colin Campbell colin.campbell at ptfs-europe.com
Mon Aug 23 12:52:26 CEST 2010

On 23/08/10 09:53, Fridolyn SOMERS wrote:
> Look at Zebra conf in /etc/zebradb/etc/word-phrase-utf.chr.
> You should find :
>    map (^C)            @
> This means all fields beginning with "C" have this lettre missing in
> indexing.
>
> I think it is a bug, the wanted behaviour may be : all fields beginning with
> "C " (C and a space) :
>   map (^C )
>
> I have opened a bug : n° 5160
Just run a test and these are the lines causing the weirdness. Removing
them and rebuilding zebra and entries beginning with C appear in the
proper place in the scan of the index.
I think the strings that don't have some kind of punctuation after them
are a problem. ( I'm actually a bit suspicious even of including strings
such as C. as I can envision a heading like C.S.C. (Chemical Spraying
Company) still misfiling.

Cheers
Colin

--