[Koha-devel] Re: Koha Sound Events

Darrell Ulm darrellulm at smfpl.org
Thu Feb 4 19:39:29 CET 2010

Wojciech Zatorski <listy-in at ...> writes:

> I  think this is not good idea.. librarians doesn't like sounds;)
> we are using sound only for login page and member page (outdated books)
> by HTML5:<audio src="/intranet-tmpl/default/pl/audio/login.ogg" autoplay>
</audio>

> <audio src="/intranet-tmpl/default/pl/audio/overdue.ogg" id="audioerror1">
</audio>

Wojciech,

Thanks, yes, we talked about this and the HTML5 looks like the way to go. If you
include autoplay autobuffer it may work better for you

Like this:

<audio src="/intranet-tmpl/default/pl/audio/overdue.ogg" id="audioerror1"
autoplay autobuffer></audio>

In Firefox 3.5 or after

You are right, they librarians like quiet!

Er, I was just thinking a beep or two, I wasn't talking about rocking out with
Zep. http://www.last.fm/music/Led+Zeppelin or anything like that.