[Koha-devel] Perl compatability

Chris Nighswonger cnighswonger at foundations.edu
Thu Jan 14 14:15:54 CET 2010

Hi Joe

On Tue, Jan 5, 2010 at 12:42 PM, Joe Ellis <joeateb at me.com> wrote:

> On Jan 5, 2010, at 3:25 AMESTTuesday1/5/10, Paul Poulain wrote:
>
> > this warning should be removed. Koha works perfectly well with 5.10
> > (otherwise, it means all our hosted customer have a non working version
> > of Koha and never saw it :o) )
> >
> > --
> > Paul POULAIN
>
> Hello Paul,
>
> Thank you for your kind reply.
> I am a retired person with experience in developing databases on Macintosh
> computers and I have been asked to assist the librarian at a small private
> school in Connecticut to upgrade the Library's tool for administering their
> small library. The tool they were using was called "Winnebago" and was
> hosted on an OS 8.5 Macintosh. The application can generate an export file
> in MARC21 format and after a lot of looking, I found Koha, which looks like
> an ideal solution for them to transition to.

Great! I think there are several on the list who have migrated from
Winnebago to Koha so you should find help here.

>  However, I am having a terrible time trying to get Koha to run. I think I
> need some serious hand holding to get this thing going: I have tried several
> different installations and I can get no further than a web page that says
> "production mode - trapped fatal error"

Check the koha error log: koha-error_log

Depending on your install it may be in different places. If you did a
installation from a tarball, it will most likely be in /var/log or the like.

Post anything relevant that you find there.

Kind  Regards,
Chris