[Koha-devel] Koha and Subversion

Richard Forristall Richard.Forristall at goodwillaz.org
Wed Jan 27 15:07:20 CET 2010

Nicole Engard and Colin Campbell,

Thanks for the 'heads up' on git.

1.  I'm not using git out of pure ignorance.  Are you referring to http://git.koha.org or using git vice svn for version control?

2.  Colin, in your message you talk about contributing my own changes back to the project.  I'm new at koha (started supporting our librarian about 4 weeks ago) so this is all new to me.  I really like the community model of making the koha software more robust, but what happens when my changes don't apply across all koha users?  Branding for example.  I certainly don't want to force irrelevant changes onto the entire community.

3.  We use Subversion for all our other version control processes, so it was momentum that led me to use it for maintaining my local modifications.  We have Koha on a live server and a development server with the idea of having Subversion "in between."

4.  I will spend some time looking at http://git.koha.org and git itself.

5.  Thanks again for the heads up.  This Koha dev community is a tremendous resource :--)

Thanks,

Rick
Rick Forristall
Programmer Analyst