[Koha-devel] Image/Graphics Magick confusion

Colin Campbell colin.campbell at ptfs-europe.com
Thu Jul 15 17:41:06 CEST 2010

On 15/07/10 16:03, Joe Atzberger wrote:
> Yeah, the whole point of preferring distro packages is for binaries and
> distro-specific configs.  Any decent image manipulation components will rely
> on binary code for performance.  Unfortunately, too many CPAN modules fail
> to build XS correctly on a given platform (including debian, historically),
> hence the distro package approach.
>
> What kind of complication are you seeing?
Its just an extra hoop to jump through. Especially of you are using
testing perl environments or stuff like local:lib its easier if you can
just bundle your cpan requirements, not have to rebuild one module
separately. Mind you having had "fun" with Image::Magick's more fluid
api in the past I can see why Graphics::Magick came about.

Colin

--
Colin Campbell
Chief Software Engineer,