[Koha-devel] BibLibre strategy for Koha 3.4 and next versions

Paul Poulain paul.poulain at biblibre.com
Mon Jun 21 21:40:23 CEST 2010

Le 21/06/2010 20:44, Chris Cormack a écrit :
> This is certainly a possible plan of action, but no, I won't be
> pushing any patches to master without them going through QA.
> Certainly not 450 in one go. They will need to be branched into
> smaller feature sets and each one tested and merged. What I am willing
> to do, is be less strict about accompanying tests as the patches were
> written before that, what I am not willing to do is merge 450 patches
> that haven't been looked at by QA or the Release Manager into master.
> These aren't new rules.
1- we did a lot of QA on them, and although there may be some remaining
bugs, we are live with them on 1 site, very soon on a second one, and
many more.
2- we proposed to submit those patches many months ago, but galen
decision was : "feature freeze for 3.2". We had to go ahead.
3- we will deal with any problem that may arise. And if 3.4 has to be
released in something like 6 months, that's enough, undoubtfully
4- splitting them in smaller feature set is a more than huge work. It's
probably almost impossible.

So, even if your proposition is a good idea, I think it's not a possible
way to go for us. You're reaching our (BibLibre) limit. So, if someone
is volunteering for this more-than-huge job, then, fair, head to
git.biblibre.com/master, it's here, available, all commits comments are
in english. But you can't count on us to do that, even if I'm sorry, really.

Friendly.

--
Paul POULAIN
http://www.biblibre.com