[Koha-devel] new module to send mails

Miguel Angel Calvo Lázaro mac.xercode at gmail.com
Mon Mar 8 17:15:42 CET 2010

We have commited a new module C4::Mail to send emails with Mail::Sender.
Those emails can be sent in html format. We provide a new html editor to
edit the letters. In this new editor now we use a new marks to delimit the
fields that will be included in the letter. Instead of <<>> we now use [],
because the first ones have conflicts with html editors.

7 new system preferences are created:

MailSmtp → SMTP server to send emails

MailAuthProtocol → Authentification this SMTP server uses

MailAccount → The mail account to send email (From)

MailUser → User to login in that account

MailPassword → Password to login in that account

MailMessageCharset → Charset used in the message

MailMessageEncoding → Encoding used in the message

This development is in the repository:http://github.com/xercode/koha

We would like to hear your vision.

Thanks