[Koha-devel] new module to send mails

Zeno Tajoli tajoli at cilea.it
Fri Mar 26 18:24:13 CET 2010

Dear Miguel,

At 17.15 08/03/2010, Miguel Angel Calvo Lázaro wrote:
>We have commited a new module C4::Mail to send
>emails with Mail::Sender. Those emails can be
>sent in html format. We provide a new html
>editor to edit the letters. In this new editor
>now we use a new marks to delimit the fields
>that will be included in the letter. Instead of
><<>> we now use [], because the first ones have conflicts with html editors.

i think is a good develop.
I underline the option of use external SMTP server.
Now you need an SMTP on your localhost, as I know.

I suggest:
-- Translate all comments in english
-- Send patch to install the new module with
apt-get (I think that the package is libmail-sender-perl)
-- See all the place where Mail::Sendmail is used
and use instead Mail::Sender or C4::Mail.
    It is a problem to have 2 perl modules on the same topic.

Bye
Zeno Tajoli

Zeno Tajoli
CILEA - Segrate (MI)