[Koha-devel] Developer Documentation

Galen Charlton gmcharlt at gmail.com
Thu Mar 18 16:15:34 CET 2010

Hi,

On Mon, Mar 8, 2010 at 1:20 PM, Nicole Engard <nengard at gmail.com> wrote:
> This manual will of course be available via git and written using
> docbook - this means that others can help me write (in fact I
> encourage it).  My first step is to review the wiki and pull out tips
> and articles and guidelines that should be in the developer manual.

Developer documentation is a good thing, but I don't think that a
DocBook document is necessarily the best way to present it - it  does
not encourage on-the-fly updates, and the idea of a Koha developer
documentation committee that acts as an implicit gatekeeper bothers
me.  I think more active maintenance of the developer sections on the
wiki would be a better approach, possibly in conjunction with a bit of
work to allow it to be exported as DocBook for those who prefer to
consume it that way.

Regards,

Galen
--