[Koha-devel] Developer Documentation -

Reed Wade reedwade at gmail.com
Sat Mar 20 07:39:04 CET 2010

On Sat, Mar 20, 2010 at 11:43 AM, Nicole Engard <nengard at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm looking for a guide for those new to programming for Koha - rules
> on how to participate, rules on what to do and not do, rules on where
> to start - so a newbie guide to jumping into Koha as a developer.
>
> Nicole

Ah! Sorry, I missed what it was you're actually doing.

I have seen that done well.

The first example that comes to mind is about 10 wiki pages together
in a set. They are titled things like "Getting Started" that steps you
through getting your dev environment set up through to a running
system. Also, "Git Cheat Sheet" and "Coding Style Guide".

The set I'm thinking of is exactly what we point new developers at
inside our team at Catalyst (and which primarily relate to a non-koha
project). But, it's also the reference guides for not so new
developers. That keeps it current but still mostly correct and
complete.

I'd suggest using the wiki for sure. The current one needs a strong tidy up.

-reed