[Koha-devel] Nightly backup file growing too quickly?

Nelson Fredsell nelson at cfce.org.za
Sun Mar 21 00:02:57 CET 2010

Dear all,

Yesterday on IRQ I learned that the sessions and zebraqueue tables need to
be cleaned up regularly.  I'm not sure we're doing this with our daily
cronjob.

I was advised to make use of cleanup_database.pl that was not part of
3.00.01.  Could someone please tell me where I can get my hands on this
file?  In early February Galen Charlton mentioned that it is in "HEAD," but
I don't know what this means.  (Extensive discussion:
http://old.nabble.com/Koha-sessions-table-is-ridiculously-huge-to27627370.html.)

I'd prefer to upgrade to 3.0.4, where this issue has been addressed, but
don't have a clue how to proceed, so I figure I can at least download a
single file then refer to it in the cronjob.

Our daily cronjob has a couple of lines that maybe address this issue
already?:

------------------------------
perl -I /usr/share/koha/lib
/usr/share/koha/bin/migration_tools/rebuild_zebra.pl -b -a -z
->>/root/rebuild_zebra.log 2>&1

##MySQL Clean (96 hours or 4 days)
/root/cron/mysqlclean.sh
------------------------------
The mysqlclean.sh file states:
#!/bin/bash
find /mnt/backup/mysql -maxdepth 1 -type f -mtime +4 -exec rm {} \;

Thanks,
Nelson

Nelson Fredsell
nelsonf IRC
nfredsell (most other places)
www.ourbooks.org.za

-----
Nelson Fredsell

nelsonf on Koha IRC
nfredsell most everywhere else
implementing a small, non-profit union catalogue
in Cape Town, South Africa