[Koha-devel] externalising translator and etc

LAURENT Henri-Damien henridamien.laurent at biblibre.com
Wed Nov 10 17:11:24 CET 2010

Hi
I propose to get etc and translator as external git repositories.
Why ?

It would allow to have po files in their own repository and limit the
weight of Koha git archives.
For etc, it would allow to change the installer in order to keep track
of local changes for every person and therefore be able to synchronize
with community version properly.

HOW ?
operation is simple :
git filter-branch --subdirectory-filter misc/translator -- --all
and then git push on an external repository.
for instance etc.git and translator.git on git.koha-community
This would allow to have more than one branch for etc and for instance
create and etc/apache etc/nginx etc/plack and so on...

WHEN ?
when you think operation should be done, if you think it could be
interesting.

and then we could have git submodules in the koha.git repository in
order to keep in synch and synchronise versions when we want.
http://www.kernel.org/pub/software/scm/git/docs/git-submodule.html

It is just a proposition.
--
Henri-Damien LAURENT