[Koha-devel] RE : Re: XML processing

Clay Fouts cfouts at liblime.com
Fri Nov 12 16:02:22 CET 2010

Both LEK and PTFS Koha (>=1.2) apply this tactic of using MARCXML (with
dynamic item data insertion) as the authoritative source to enable bibs with
large numbers of items. The tradeoff is indeed that it is slower than
parsing the binary MARC data, but there are optimizations available to
compensate.

The helpful part is that the extra processing time only becomes noticeable
to the user when they come across the large records that Koha could not have
previously handled because of the 9,999 constraint.

Clay