[Koha-devel] Koha: XML processing

Linda Culberson lculber at mdah.state.ms.us
Fri Nov 12 16:07:37 CET 2010

  I'd like to add my 2cts. to the reasons for removing items from the
bibliographic record. We have many records with thousands of items.
This is often the case with long-running serial publications in academic
institutions.   In the case of archival institutions like ours, we are
talking about decades if not centuries of a record series.  To split
them into groups just because they don't fit within the 9999 byte limit
is doable, but not logical, in my own (limited and aging) mind.
Thanks.

Linda Culberson  lculber at mdah.state.ms.us
Archives and Records Services Division
Ms. Dept. of Archives&  History