[Koha-devel] Search Engine Changes : let's get some solr

Frédéric Demians frederic at tamil.fr
Mon Nov 15 09:07:07 CET 2010

 > I work with the author of XML::Simple .. and he would (and does) tell
 > people not to use it for anything than parsing very simple XML
 > structures.

Which is the case when benchmarking a simple MARCXML document parsing
switching quickly from one underlying SAX parser to the other.

 > So do I understand from what you are saying, that Galens work is not
 > useful, and that a pureperl XML parser is the only way forward?

No. I'm not saying Galen's work is not useful.

 > I hope this is just another language based misunderstanding. Because I
 > disagree totally if not.

Being the English native speaker, you have to do the effort to not
misunderstand as I have to do my best to be understood.

Thanks.
--
Frédéric