[Koha-devel] Time for reflexion

Thomas Krichel krichel at openlib.org
Mon Nov 15 21:59:35 CET 2010

  Paul Poulain writes
> Le 15/11/2010 21:11, Thomas Krichel a écrit :
> >   I would not wish to see solr as the primary engine since zebra
> >   does so many things that are specific to the library world.
> >
> Could you tell us which specific things you're thinking of ? Because,
> until now, except for the z3950 server, I don't see anything solR can't
> handle.

  ok. I still think that the Z39.50 is important enough but I may be
  wrong on that.

  But more importantly, I think that koha ils systems will do better
  to globally expose all contents to the web, and free ride on Google
  at alii indexing, than setting up more search features internally.

  Cheers,

  Thomas Krichel                    http://openlib.org/home/krichel
                                http://authorclaim.org/profile/pkr1
                                               skype: thomaskrichel