[Koha-devel] Time for reflexion

Paul Poulain paul.poulain at biblibre.com
Mon Nov 15 22:38:47 CET 2010

Le 15/11/2010 21:59, Thomas Krichel a écrit :
>> Could you tell us which specific things you're thinking of ? Because,
>> until now, except for the z3950 server, I don't see anything solR can't
>> handle.
>>
>   ok. I still think that the Z39.50 is important enough but I may be
>   wrong on that.

nope, you're right. And fortunatly, it seems there is a solution.
>   But more importantly, I think that koha ils systems will do better
>   to globally expose all contents to the web, and free ride on Google
>   at alii indexing, than setting up more search features internally.

I don't understand what you mean here. do you mean having all biblios
just indexed by google and rely on google to search ?
sorry, but it's unclear to me (maybe it's because it's almost 11PM here,
and I have to go to bed ;-) )

--
Paul POULAIN
http://www.biblibre.com