[Koha-devel] Error deleting an authority

Chris Cormack chris at bigballofwax.co.nz
Sun Apr 3 01:21:33 CEST 2011

On 3 April 2011 10:48, Paul <paul.a at aandc.org> wrote:
> I'm getting error:
> Undefined subroutine &C4::AuthoritiesMarc::prepare called at
> /usr/share/koha/lib/C4/AuthoritiesMarc.pm line 720.
>
> Here's the code from AuthoritiesMarc.pm
>
>  ModZebra($authid,"recordDelete","authorityserver",GetAuthority($authid),undef);
> 720=>    my $sth = prepare("DELETE FROM auth_header WHERE authid=?");
>         $sth->execute($authid);
>
> The authid is being passed [correctly?] as a 4 digit integer|string:
> <http://koha-admin/cgi-bin/koha/authorities/authorities-home.pl?op=delete&amp;authid=2925>

What version of Koha Paul?

In the master branch in git, line 720 is
my $sth = $dbh->prepare("DELETE FROM auth_header WHERE authid=?");

The same in the 3.2.x branch.

That line was changed first on the 24th of Feb, which introduced the
bug, it was fixed on the 28th, git blame tells me
2011-02-28 08:30:07 +0000  to be exact.

But that line was fine in both 3.2.4 and 3.2.5 (and earlier releases)
and in fact was never released in the form you have) So I suspect you
must have applied a patch manually, and not the follow up, or
installed from git sometime in the 4 days between the security fix,
and the typo fix.

So I suspect you want to upgrade to 3.2.6 (the latest stable release)
or upgrade your git checkout to the lastest HEAD of the 3.2.x branch

Chris