[Koha-devel] Error deleting an authority

Paul paul.a at aandc.org
Sun Apr 3 02:31:42 CEST 2011

At 11:21 AM 4/3/2011 +1200, Chris Cormack wrote:
>On 3 April 2011 10:48, Paul <paul.a at aandc.org> wrote:
> > I'm getting error:
> > Undefined subroutine &C4::AuthoritiesMarc::prepare called at
> > /usr/share/koha/lib/C4/AuthoritiesMarc.pm line 720.
> >
> > Here's the code from AuthoritiesMarc.pm

> ModZebra($authid,"recordDelete","authorityserver",GetAuthority($authid),undef);
> > 720=> Â  Â my $sth = prepare("DELETE FROM auth_header WHERE authid=?");
> > Â  Â  Â  Â  $sth->execute($authid);
> >
> > The authid is being passed [correctly?] as a 4 digit integer|string:
> >
> <http://koha-admin/cgi-bin/koha/authorities/authorities-home.pl?op=delete&amp;authid=2925>
> >
>What version of Koha Paul?

Hi Chris,

3.02.05.000

We got koha-3.02.05.tar.gz downloaded 25 Feb at 8:18pm GMT (internal files
dated 2/24/2011 4.41pm) -  talk about timing ;={

What's involved in upgrading to 3.2.6 ?  When we last did the "upgrade"
from koha-3.02.03.tar (internal files dated 1/22/2011 6.35pm), it turned
out to be a complete install - so we had to go back and redo all our mods
(mostly css and custom modules) but it was still half a day's work. Thank
$deity Koha adds suffixes to old files, but still...

Or, what's involved with "upgrade your git checkout to the lastest HEAD of
the 3.2.x branch"? Again, we're in semi-production mode at the moment,
staff training has started, and I really want to keep as stable as
possible; and I do not, (for budgetary reasons) have a sandbox available at
the moment - hopefully Q3 this year.

So - guess I just plug in a new AuthoritiesMarc.pm - for exact reference is
date/time good enough? Also, are there any other 3.02.05 files that I need
to look at?

Many thanks - Paul

>In the master branch in git, line 720 is
>my $sth = $dbh->prepare("DELETE FROM auth_header WHERE authid=?");
>
>The same in the 3.2.x branch.
>
>That line was changed first on the 24th of Feb, which introduced the
>bug, it was fixed on the 28th, git blame tells me
>2011-02-28 08:30:07 +0000  to be exact.
>
>But that line was fine in both 3.2.4 and 3.2.5 (and earlier releases)
>and in fact was never released in the form you have) So I suspect you
>must have applied a patch manually, and not the follow up, or
>installed from git sometime in the 4 days between the security fix,
>and the typo fix.
>
>So I suspect you want to upgrade to 3.2.6 (the latest stable release)
>or upgrade your git checkout to the lastest HEAD of the 3.2.x branch
>
>Chris

---
Maritime heritage and history, preservation and conservation,
research and education through the written word and the arts.
<http://UltraMarine.ca>, <http://AandC.org> and <http://MarDoc.ca>