[Koha-devel] Error deleting an authority

Chris Cormack chrisc at catalyst.net.nz
Sun Apr 3 02:50:17 CEST 2011

* Paul (paul.a at aandc.org) wrote:
> >What version of Koha Paul?
>
> Hi Chris,
>
> 3.02.05.000
>
> We got koha-3.02.05.tar.gz downloaded 25 Feb at 8:18pm GMT (internal
> files dated 2/24/2011 4.41pm) -  talk about timing ;={
>
> What's involved in upgrading to 3.2.6 ?  When we last did the
> "upgrade" from koha-3.02.03.tar (internal files dated 1/22/2011
> 6.35pm), it turned out to be a complete install - so we had to go
> back and redo all our mods (mostly css and custom modules) but it
> was still half a day's work. Thank $deity Koha adds suffixes to old
> files, but still...

Ahh if you have custom modules then don't do this. I assume you have all
your custom work under version control?
Or maybe not if I read below

> Or, what's involved with "upgrade your git checkout to the lastest
> HEAD of the 3.2.x branch"? Again, we're in semi-production mode at
> the moment, staff training has started, and I really want to keep as
> stable as possible; and I do not, (for budgetary reasons) have a
> sandbox available at the moment - hopefully Q3 this year.

If you were running from git, you could just create a local branch, merge in
the HEAD of the 3.2.x branch test and if all goes well you are done, if not,
just checkout your old branch (and restore your database from the backup
you did). I strongly suggest doing your development in a maintainable
way, under a version control system so that you can merge in from upstream.
Or just run released versions.

But untracked (by a version control system) changes will always cause you
problems any time you go to upgrade.

> So - guess I just plug in a new AuthoritiesMarc.pm - for exact
> reference is date/time good enough? Also, are there any other
> 3.02.05 files that I need to look at?

You could try that, you would need to be careful that no other changes
were made in that file, that rely on changes in other files.
If you find the commit in it, you could cherry-pick or find the patch
file in the koha-patches list and apply that.

Chris

--
Chris Cormack
Catalyst IT Ltd.