[Koha-devel] Restructuring C4

Galen Charlton gmcharlt at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 16:21:12 CEST 2011

Hi,

On Wed, Apr 6, 2011 at 9:12 AM, Ian Walls
<ian.walls at bywatersolutions.com> wrote:
> I also would like the separation of business logic from data access.  I'm
> seeing several tiers in the structure:
>
> Template
> Script
> Business Logic library
> Data Access library
> Data structure
>
> We can then have multiple templates to meet the needs of the library.  Bonus
> points for making it fully customizable in by the librarians.

But let's be careful not to get too far ahead of ourselves (regarding
fully-customizable templating, which is not strictly an API issue.
And besides, the templates are already fully customizable, albeit with
a higher bar to entry than is desirable).  But in general, I agree:
presentation should be separated from business logic should be
separated from data access.

Regards,

Galen
--