[Koha-devel] Restructuring C4

Galen Charlton gmcharlt at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 19:52:51 CEST 2011

Hi,

On Wed, Apr 6, 2011 at 1:43 PM, Chris Nighswonger
<cnighswonger at foundations.edu> wrote:
> Is this the time to bring these and other threads back to the table and move
> forward with a concrete decision rather than going at it piecemeal?

Given Robin's announcement that he's adopting the Koha namespace for
his accounts rewrite, I think we actually have, or are about to have,
something more concrete.  Obviously, we could turn this into a
discussion of adopting a particular framework, but given that those
discussions have historically not been productive in terms of
producing much code, I think we're best off just setting some broad
guidelines, seeing what emerges in upcoming patches, *then* deciding
if we want to adopt a particular framework.  Is this putting the cart
before the horse?  Perhaps, but I think we're better off coding some
prototypes instead of risking endless discussion.

To make this more explicit: we have time before coding for 3.6
*really* kicks off to do some experimentation collectively.

Regards,

Galen
--
Galen Charlton