[Koha-devel] Technical question

Mike Hafen mdhafen at tech.washk12.org
Thu Apr 7 18:19:13 CEST 2011

This is why I suggested modifying the touch_all_items script.  It uses the
C4::Items::ModItem subroutine which changes the database and the marc
records stored in the biblioitems table.  Editing these directly is
difficult at best, and nearly impossible in my opinion.

Along with modifying a copy of touch_all_items for your item type
conversion, you could also add code to strip the alpha characters from the
end of the barcode.  Do all the work in one go.  You'll have to change the
SQL in that script, but you will have to do that anyway to update the item
type.