[Koha-devel] Generating transactions

Chris Cormack chris at bigballofwax.co.nz
Thu Apr 7 22:56:00 CEST 2011

On 8 April 2011 01:17, Anne-Lena Westrum
<anne-lena.westrum at kul.oslo.kommune.no> wrote:
> Dearest Koha developers!
>
> We have recently started a process of testing and evaluating Koha in the
> perspective of a fairly large public library, with a number of different
> branches and departments. This has proven to be a fairly timeconsuming
> task, as we - amongst other things - need to test all the modules and
> compare it to the functionality of our current ILS :)
>
> After importing our records (Normarc), we need to do a demo of the
> different modules. Thus we are in desperate need of a script to generate
> users (approx 500.000) and transactions (3-4 millions) over a period of
> time (4-5 years).
>
> We have had no luck searching for a script like this. Can someone help
> point us in the right direction?

Hi Anne-Lenna

Magnus our NORMARC export (he wrote all the NORMARC support for Koha
and is from Norway also) is currently trying to sleep of a cold in
Marseille. He has been there for the week with Koha developers from
all around Europe working on a code sprint leading up to the release
of Koha 3.4.0 on April 22 (which will have native NORMARC support).

I am sure he will answer when he wakes up :) As far as I know such a
script does not exist. I would offer to write one, as it sounds like
fun, but I am in the middle of release management work. I am sure
however that one of the other developers could do this.

Chris