[Koha-devel] Generating transactions

Magnus Enger magnus at enger.priv.no
Sat Apr 9 09:55:18 CEST 2011

On 7 April 2011 22:56, Chris Cormack <chris at bigballofwax.co.nz> wrote:
> On 8 April 2011 01:17, Anne-Lena Westrum
>> After importing our records (Normarc), we need to do a demo of the
>> different modules. Thus we are in desperate need of a script to generate
>> users (approx 500.000) and transactions (3-4 millions) over a period of
>> time (4-5 years).
>>
>> We have had no luck searching for a script like this. Can someone help
>> point us in the right direction?
>>
> Hi Anne-Lenna
>
> Magnus our NORMARC export (he wrote all the NORMARC support for Koha
> and is from Norway also) is currently trying to sleep of a cold in
> Marseille. He has been there for the week with Koha developers from
> all around Europe working on a code sprint leading up to the release
> of Koha 3.4.0 on April 22 (which will have native NORMARC support).
>
> I am sure he will answer when he wakes up :)

Or a little bit later...

As for NORMARC, let's just say Norway is a small country... ;-)

> As far as I know such a
> script does not exist. I would offer to write one, as it sounds like
> fun, but I am in the middle of release management work. I am sure
> however that one of the other developers could do this.

I thought it sounded like fun too, so I have started to work on one
during the trip to and from Marseille. It's not finished yet, but I
hope to get a long, good wait for the last plane home to Bodø, and I
will let you know when it can be tested.

Best regards,
Magnus