[Koha-devel] MARC21 Authority DOM indexing

Jared Camins-Esakov jcamins at cpbibliography.com
Sat Apr 9 16:54:22 CEST 2011

Galen,

> It's explained in the description of commit cf8c3a84 -
> authority-koha-indexdefs.xml is the master set of indexing
> definitions, and it expresses those definitions (relatively)
> compactly.  authority-zebra-indexdefs.xsl is what is actually used by
> Zebra to transform the MARCXML authority record into XML representing
> the terms to be stored  in Zebra's indexes.  To generate that
> authority-zebra-indexdefs.xsl, you use koha-indexdefs-to-zebra.xsl
> XSLT, e.g.,
>
> xsltproc koha-indexdefs-to-zebra.xsl authority-koha-indexdefs.xml >
> authority-zebra-indexdefs.xsl

> Of course, storing both authority-koha-indexdefs.xml and
> authority-zebra-indexdefs.xsl in the repository violates the guideline
> that a version control repository shouldn't contain derived files,
> just source files and build scripts.  Mea culpa.  One fix would be to
> drop authority-zebra-indexdefs.xsl from Git and update the installer
> scripts to generate it when needed.

I agree that that should be done, but I do not think that's appropriate for
3.4, at this point, as xsltproc would add at least one additional dependency
to the installation procedure. I am sending a revised patch for bug 3072
which includes the authority-zebra-indexdefs.xsl file generated by
koha-indexdefs-to-zebra.xsl.

Regards,
Jared

--
Jared Camins-Esakov
Freelance bibliographer, C & P Bibliography Services, LLC
(e-mail) jcamins at cpbibliography.com
(web) http://www.cpbibliography.com/