[Koha-devel] How to get CAS based Single Sign On working?

Koustubha Kale kmkale at anantcorp.com
Sat Apr 23 09:21:51 CEST 2011

Hi All,
I have a situation where we have a main website based on Joomla. This
Joomla site uses CAS to authenticate users. We would like users ( who
have already logged in to the Joomla site via CAS) to be able to
follow a link to Koha site and be logged in automatically ( e.g.
Single Sign On ).

I have got simple CAS ( not proxy CAS ) working with Koha ( version
3.2.6 ) using the same CAS server as used by Joomla site. Still when I
login to Joomla site with CAS, and then go to Koha and click on login
and follow the CAS login link, I am asked to fill up CAS login
information again. How can this be avoided by using CAS SSO?
I have read through
http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/SSO_CAS_improvements and am
confused by the statement "Note: simple sso cas support (no proxy) has
been done already by biblibre, is in testing and should be released in
Koha 3.2" in there. Does this statement mean that SSO is possible with
simple CAS? If yes how to set it up? If not, I have also read through
bugs 6012, 5630 and the CAS Proxy examples. Frankly I haven't been
able to figure out how I can achieve the above required functionality
based on all the reading. Any help is much appreciated..

Another related query is, Is it possible to automatically create users
in Koha once they have authenticated with CAS?

Regards,
Koustubha Kale
Anant Corporation

Contact Details :
Address  : 103, Armaan Residency, R. W Sawant Road, Nr. Golden Dyes
Naka, Thane (w),
                Maharashtra, India, Pin : 400601.
TeleFax  : +91-22-21720108, +91-22-21720109
Mobile     : +919820715876
Website  : http://www.anantcorp.com
Blog : http://www.anantcorp.com/blog/?author=2