[Koha-devel] How to get CAS based Single Sign On working?

Koustubha Kale kmkale at anantcorp.com
Sat Apr 23 13:21:12 CEST 2011

On Sat, Apr 23, 2011 at 12:51 PM, Koustubha Kale <kmkale at anantcorp.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
> I have a situation where we have a main website based on Joomla. This
> Joomla site uses CAS to authenticate users. We would like users ( who
> have already logged in to the Joomla site via CAS) to be able to
> follow a link to Koha site and be logged in automatically ( e.g.
> Single Sign On ).

Hi All,
Figured out the SSO part.
Had to make just one change in
<tomcat_home>/webapps/cas/WEB-INF/spring-configuration/ticketGrantingTicketCookieGenerator.xml
Changed p:cookieSecure="false" from true to false since we are not
using https for Koha's login url.
By default the TGT cookie is sent for only encrypted connections so
browser was not sending the TGT cookie for Koha's http login url..

Now is it possible to create users in Koha after successful login via CAS?

Regards,
Koustubha Kale
Anant Corporation

Contact Details :
Address  : 103, Armaan Residency, R. W Sawant Road, Nr. Golden Dyes
Naka, Thane (w),
                Maharashtra, India, Pin : 400601.
TeleFax  : +91-22-21720108, +91-22-21720109
Mobile     : +919820715876
Website  : http://www.anantcorp.com
Blog : http://www.anantcorp.com/blog/?author=2