[Koha-devel] DB Documentation

tajoli tajoli at cilea.it
Wed Apr 27 10:38:49 CEST 2011

Hi Nicole,

> I see that no one volunteered to do the DB Documentation for Koha 3.6
> and I'm willing to take this on under the Documentation Manager role.
> I just wanted to ask for a refresher on what we decided was the way we
> were going to manage this project.  There is the 'COMMENT' option in
> MySQL or we can just use the '--' notation after every field.  Once I
> know what we want to use I can start documenting the database to the
> best of my ability so that it will make reporting easier on people new
> to Koha and Koha language (borrowers instead of patrons, reserves
> instead of holds, etc etc).

in fact I try to do this role in last months but I don't do a good work.
The place to start is http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/DB_Schema

In the file
http://www.koha.it/local--files/working/koha303_schema_and_howto_upload.zip
you can see the work done for 3.0.3 and instructions.

The tool that I  used was SchemaSpy.

My idea was to insert to use the COMMENT option in MYSQL, but the patch
doesn't go into the master.
We need to rewrite it if we want it into the code.

I have same basic files for MySQL Workbench if you prefer this tool.
But I can send them to you (and post in the wiki) only after 2 May 2011.

Bye
Zeno Tajoli