[Koha-devel] Why is Dewey in the su index?

Galen Charlton gmcharlt at gmail.com
Fri Apr 29 16:48:24 CEST 2011

Hi,

On Fri, Apr 29, 2011 at 9:09 AM, Magnus Enger <magnus at enger.priv.no> wrote:
> If anyone could shed some light on why Dewey-numbers are available in
> the su index I would be eternally grateful!

Try looking at it the other way around.  Here are the MARC fields that
are mapped to the Subject index:

melm 600$a      Name-and-title,Name,Personal-name,Subject-name-personal,Subject
melm 600$t      Name-and-title,Title,Subject
melm 600        Name,Personal-name,Subject-name-personal,Subject,Subject:p
melm 610        Name,Subject,Subject:p,Corporate-name
melm 611        Conference-name,Name,Subject,Subject:p
melm 630        Subject,Subject:p
melm 650        Subject,Subject:p
melm 651        Name-geographic,Subject,Subject:p
melm 653        Subject,Subject:p
melm 654        Subject,Subject:p
melm 655        Subject,Subject:p
melm 656        Subject,Subject:p
melm 657        Subject,Subject:p
melm 690        Subject,Subject:p

What's in one of the records that are being retrieved?  Do any of the
subject field (e.g., the 690) contain a copy of the Dewey number?  Or
alternatively, do any of the authorized subject headings contain a $9
with "355" in the link to the authority record?

Regards,

Galen
--
Galen Charlton