[Koha-devel] Importing checkout records into Koha

Robin Sheat robin at catalyst.net.nz
Tue Aug 9 03:09:29 CEST 2011

Hartman, David W. - GBTS Library schreef op ma 08-08-2011 om 20:41
[-0400]:
>   I have what my patrons have checked out in CSV format ….
>

> name, then barcode .. next line –
>
> name then barcode .. etc.
>

> is there a way to import this quickly into Koha?   Or do I need to
> manually input who has what checked out .. Thanks!

Depending on the amount you have, it might be worth scripting. You'd
have to look up the name to get the borrowernumber, and the barcode for
the itemnumber, and then insert them in.

I have a script that does something similar:
http://git.catalyst.net.nz/gw?p=koha.git;a=blob;f=import/csv/waitaki_circ.pl;h=ed6fb2b3c595c3eeb142e4904126b7c2de560885;hb=waitaki_import
unfortunately it's a bit under-documented as it's for migrating from
specific software, and I edit it each time I need to change things, but
it may get you somewhere.

--
Robin Sheat
Catalyst IT Ltd.