[Koha-devel] Importing checkout records into Koha

Magnus Enger magnus at enger.priv.no
Tue Aug 9 09:13:28 CEST 2011

2011/8/9 Chris Cormack <chrisc at catalyst.net.nz>:
> * Hartman, David W. - GBTS Library (David.W.Hartman at disney.com) wrote:
>> Yes, due date is provided and name - names are unique! :)
>>
> Right, then a script like Robin's is probably the way to go.

Here is my script for doing something similar:
https://github.com/MagnusEnger/LibrioTools/blob/master/tidem/loans.pl
Again, this is tailored to one specific system/situation (where the
data about current checkouts was in HTML format!), but it might give
some hints...

What I did was create a .koc-file with my script, which I could then
figured that would reduce the risk of putting data in the wrong place
or missing some field in some table that should have data in it...

The format of the .koc file is documented here:
http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Koha_offline_circulation_file_format

Best regards,
Magnus Enger
libriotech.no