[Koha-devel] Save user visits in Opac

Tomas Cohen Arazi tomascohen at gmail.com
Thu Feb 3 18:17:55 CET 2011

On Thu, Feb 3, 2011 at 1:48 PM, Edisnel Carrazana Castro
<ecarrazana at uci.cu> wrote:

>  I want to register in a table the user visits to the site after logged in. In wich place of the source code of Koha can I do that?
>
> I push the function to insert the visit in a page [in opac-user.pl] , but several insertions occur
> whenever this page is accessed. What can I do?

If I was you, I would rather enable the apache's access log and
process it from the outside with some specialized tool like awstats.
That way you can be sure you count several visits as different ones
and such.

If you want to do it visit-then-insert-into-table, the I would create
a page (the language you prefer) and call it from a javascript
function in 'opacuserjs' configuration variable. You can even use
Google Analytics the same way.

To+