[Koha-devel] Install hurdle, OpenSUSE on virtualbox

Nelson Fredsell nfredsell at gmail.com
Mon Feb 7 16:00:04 CET 2011

Dear all,

I've been repeatedly working through install steps at
http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Koha_3.0.0_on_openSUSE_11.3, and keep
getting stuck.  Currently, my Windows 7 laptop can't see the apache LAMP
server on the OpenSUSE 11.3 virtualbox.  With ifconfig I can see eth0 inet
addr 192.168.1.16 Bcast 192.168.1.255 Mask 255.255.255.0.  When I ping from
the Windows side, I get request timed out.  As indicated in the steps, I
have a minimum install with no gui.  Using yast to configure network.

As an added step I changed from NAT to Bridged adapter in the VirtualBox
config, but this didn't help.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.  My current goal w/ Koha is to
"simply" install the software, including Zebra.

Nelson
(nfred - irc)