[Koha-devel] Solr and Z3950 server some news.

LAURENT Henri-Damien henridamien.laurent at gmail.com
Mon Feb 21 15:36:08 CET 2011

Hi
Just some more interesting news.

Le 11/02/2011 20:01, Thomas Dukleth a écrit :
> When briefly testing the BibLibre test configuration of SimpleServer
> Z39.50 server I have found same problem as BibLibre are reporting when
> using yaz-client.  I have also noted some other issues.
>
> 1.  BAD MARC ERROR.
>
> When setting format to UNIMARC in yaz-client, the following error message
> is returned along with the record when displaying a record with the show
> command.
>
> "[]Record type: Unimarc
>
> bad MARC. Dumping as it is:"
>
> When setting format to XML in yaz-client, no error message is returned
> when displaying a  record with the show command.
>
> "[]Record type: XML"
>
> The issue seems to be consistent for all records in the result set.
>
> YAZ is converting between ISO 2709 and MARCXML on the client side.
>
> yaz-client does not report a "bad MARC" error when displaying UNIMARC
> MARCXML records returned from Zebra in ISO 2709 form.
>
> Whatever the MARC error may be, it prevents YAZ from parsing the records
> properly in ISO 2709.  Consequently, unlike yaz-client, my very well
> tested PHP YAZ based Z39.50 client obtains the result set but cannot even
> attempt to display the records because it relies upon YAZ for parsing
> them.
This issue is still worked upon...
Work in progress.
I hope we can find a solution this week.
We are diving into the SimpleServer code + yaz source code to find a way
to get this right.

> 2.  INVARIANT RESULT SET.
>
> In the configuration which I tested, any query would return exactly the
> same 1011 record result set whether or not there would be any legitimate
> matches.
This has been fixed.
This was owed to the fact that the RegExp::Grammars installed was too old.

> 3.  MISSING EXPLAIN RECORD.
>
> Lack of an Explain record should not be fatal but might be helpful for
> obtaining more debugging information from YAZ.
I have added a call to a minimal zebra configuration file.
And should be fixed now.

> 4.  DEBUGGING.
>
> I do not have time to try intensive tests myself.
>
> First, fix the issue where the result set is an invariant 1011 records.

> I suggest having yaz-client save the ISO 2709 records, then attempt to
> validate them with MARC::Lint keeping in mind that most errors would be
> from the MARC 21 checks in MARC::Lint.
>
> I have not verified that MARCXML is working with SimpleServer using
> Solr/Lucene but I would be happy to test that if some SimpleServer target
> would be configured to return only MARCXML.
>
> If all else fails, Index Data can help solve the problems for a very
> significant fee.

Hope that helps.
--
Henri-Damien LAURENT