[Koha-devel] bugzilla workflow, question when "pushed, pls test" rejected

Chris Nighswonger cnighswonger at foundations.edu
Tue Feb 22 13:42:37 CET 2011

 On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 6:59 AM, Paul Poulain <paul.poulain at biblibre.com>wrote:

> Le 22/02/2011 12:46, Chris Nighswonger a écrit :
> > Chris can correct me if I'm wrong....
> >
> > Once the patch has been pushed to a QA branch it is "Pushed for QA."
> >
> > If it fails QA it should be "Failed QA."
> >
> > If it passes it should be "Needs sign off" or "Signed off."
> >
> > Once pushed to master it is "Patch Pushed."
> >
> > If at any time it fails a test the status should return to "Failed QA."
> That's how I read it too, but when "patch pushed", there's something in
> master and something that is wrong. So it should not just be "failed QA"
> because in this status a patch can be hidden in a middle of many other
> "failed QA" that have no consequences in master.
>
> the more I think of it the more I suspect it would be a good idea to
> have a new status.

I understand what you are thinking now.

I think if we just followed the use of the status and resolution fields (see
http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/page.cgi?id=fields.html#status)
then in the case you suggest we would just re-open the bug.

I wonder if we are not creating solutions for a problem which is really due
to a lack of utilizing solutions which already exist?

Kind Regards,
Chris