[Koha-devel] Perl // operator

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Mon Jan 17 17:51:23 CET 2011

Marcel de Rooy wrote:
> I came across the new Perl 5.10 // defined-or operator in Koha code. (See below)
> The INSTALL doc says that we still run under Perl 5.8.8.
> Should we still refrain from using it?

It's not very clear, but http://www.cpan.org/src/README.html seems to
say that 5.8 is still supported.  So I'd say we remain compatible with
that for 3.4, but I feel this is the Release Manager's decision.

Current stable releases (3.0 and 3.2) should definitely keep working
on 5.8.8.  It would be very nasty for a library to do a small version
upgrade and discover they need to upgrade perl!

Hope that helps,
Webmaster, Debian Developer, Past Koha RM, statistician, former lecturer.
Available for hire for various work http://www.software.coop/products/