[Koha-devel] Imported MARC notice and Authorities: : inconsistent database

Frère Sébastien Marie semarie-koha at latrappe.fr
Sat Jan 29 12:13:28 CET 2011

Hello,

Recently, we have imported a set of notices, from another abbey, in the
reservoir.

When we create a new examplar using the previous imported notices, the
field 700.9 (authority - internal koha number) refering the auth_id isn't
updated or removed (still reference the old authority number, in the
other catalog).

As result, we have an examplar with 700.a (authority name) correct, but
with an internal reference wrong (not valid in us catalog).

If we search all notices linked with an authority, there is wrong
attribution.

Next an example.

Starting with:
  - Notices in reservoir:
    - Title_A / Author_A (auth_id = 1) [from import]

  - Authority in catalog:
    - Author_B (auth_id = 1) [created locally]

  - Notice in catalog:
    - Title_B / Author_B (auth_id = 1)

Next, we create a new examplar based on notice in reservoir, result:
  - Authority in catalog:
    - Author_B (auth_id = 1) [created locally]

  - Notice in catalog:
    - Title_A / Author_A (auth_id = 1)
    - Title_B / Author_B (auth_id = 1)

(doubt if Author_A added in authorities or not)

Now, if search notice attached with Author_B (auth_id = 1):
  results:
   - Title_A / Author_A (auth_id = 1)
   - Title_B / Author_B (auth_id = 1)

The database is inconsistent.

Where is the problem:
  - a misused of imported MARC: an option somewhere should be set...
  - a bug in importing MARC: 700.9 should be cleaned before import...
  - another possibility ?

Currently, no bug report filled, as I don't no if it is a misusing or a
bug.

Thanks.
--
Frère Sébastien Marie