[Koha-devel] Development workflow

Chris Cormack chris at bigballofwax.co.nz
Mon Jan 31 09:50:43 CET 2011

On 31 January 2011 21:43, Paul Poulain <paul.poulain at biblibre.com> wrote:
> Le 31/01/2011 09:11, Marcel de Rooy a écrit :
>>
>> Just my late response on this thread:
>>
>> 3)    Much depends on how the QA role is filled in [Ian’s plans sounds
>> good]. If the QA could give more guidance on which patches should be
>> tested next, testers are not just cherry picking patches.. Why should
>> QA not mail once a week or so the first 10 or 20 patches that he wants
>> to be signed? Could prevent older/larger/less interesting sounding
>> patches waiting and newer (smaller/..) patches getting signed and
>> pushed. Would make the process even more ‘fair’ to everyone.
>>
> Sounds like a very good idea.
> I've investigated a little big bugzilla to see if we could have a query
> showing what is to sign-off.
>
> It seems that we have ... 164 bugs waiting for sign-off :
> http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/buglist.cgi?field0-0-0=cf_patch_status&query_format=advanced&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&type0-0-0=equals&value0-0-0=Needs%20Signoff
>
> I'm highly surprised by this number. Did I make a wrong query ? Is
> bugzilla uptodate ? I can't imagine there are so many patches awaiting
> QA, but maybe i'm wrong ;\

No that's right, I think I've pointed this out before, but I have
links to the searches on my release wiki
http://koha-releasemanagement.branchable.com/
(links up the top)

Of course anyone can sign off on these, if we look at the statistics
for the 3.2.3 release
http://blog.bigballofwax.co.nz/2011/01/23/koha-3-2-3-statistics/

We can see who did signoffs for that release,
http://blog.bigballofwax.co.nz/2010/12/22/koha-3-2-2-statistics/ for
3.2.2.  Id love to see more names in there, Ive managed to get my list
of patches awaiting testing from me down to 2, so time to start
filling that list back up again.

Get signing off people :)

Chris