[Koha-devel] irc down ?

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Mon Jan 31 19:43:16 CET 2011

Chris Cormack asked:
> On 1 February 2011 06:57, MJ Ray <mjr at phonecoop.coop> wrote:
> > If we move, please to OFTC or anywhere nicer than freenode.
>
> OFTC works for me. It corresponds to the goals and ideals of the Koha project.

OK, some of us are on irc.oftc.net #koha now.

> > Or maybe
> > it's time to move to a jabber/xmpp multi-user conference so all those
> > Google Talk users can interact with us more easily?
> >
> > koha at conference.jabber.ttllp.co.uk should be open if we want to use it.
> >
> Id be open to giving it a try, but can we run things like the
> meetingbot, logbot, pastebot etc there?

It's a different protocol, so we'd probably need different bots.  That
alone might be reason enough to keep on with IRC.

Regards,
Past Koha Release Manager (2.0), LMS programmer, statistician, webmaster.
Available for hire for Koha work http://www.software.coop/products/koha