[Koha-devel] [koha-devel] Adding patches to the git

Justin Unrau justin at prosentient.com.au
Mon Jul 4 03:26:51 CEST 2011

Hi there,

Our company has created a few patches for Koha bugs we've been fixing for our
clients in 3.2.x, and we're trying to start giving back more of the work we're
doing to the community. As the most junior person here, I've been given the task
of getting them into the git (so the coding wizards here can concentrate on
their things). I've been looking at the wiki for how to do this, but I'm still a
bit confused how to get our patches in. Anyone have any further guides for
handling git beyond what's in wiki.koha-community.org?

I have two main questions though.

I don't see any specific tree for the 3.2.x branch on git.koha-community.org.
The production versions of Koha we're supporting are almost all 3.2.x, though
the patches we're writing (the one I've got in my hand for bug 6551 right now at
least) usually work in 3.4 as well. How does the interaction between 3.2 and 3.4
work in the git way of doing things? Do we just clone the entire git and then
make sure we do our tracking and rebasing from the maintenance version
(origin/3.2.x) and that will handle it or is it more complicated?

The other main question is about the actual installation of git on our Windows
servers. I see instructions for Debian and Ubuntu, but not for Windows, which is
what we host our Koha installations on. Can anyone point me to a good Windows
installation guide?

Thanks very much for your help!

--
Justin Unrau