[Koha-devel] [ORIGINAL POST] Koha 3.4.02: Date::ICal and SMS::Send Perl modules issue on openSUSE 11.4

Andi Sugandi andisugandi at gmail.com
Fri Jul 8 13:25:39 CEST 2011

Hi MJ Ray,

http://paste.koha-community.org/89

> I don't have vendor_perl paths in my @INC but I guess openSUSE does
> different and I don't have access to one just now, as far as I know.

Yes, I can it tell now that Perl modules that come from vendor (I find
openSUSE[8], Arch[9], & Gentoo using the same way ) uses
/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.12.3/ path (ex: it uses Perl 5.12.3) that
contains its modules, otherwise that come from CPAN[10] will be placed
in  /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.12.3/ directory.

cmiiw, I think KOHA *only* failed to find Date::ICal and SMS:Send
modules, others that installed by "zypper" (as also discribe in "Using
zypper to install CPAN modules" section of INSTALL.opensuse file) can
successfully be found.

imho, This is a little weird as only those modules failed to be found
when others can, but I will try on other machine (clean install)
whether this issues are reproducible or not.

Btw, I also made similar thread[11] on openSUSE-edu list in case the
issue can be solved easier (& quicker).

Thanks.

[8] http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Packaging_Perl#.25perl_vendorlib
[9] https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Perl_Package_Guidelines#File_Placement
[10] http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Packaging_Perl#.25perl_sitelib
[11] http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-edu/2011-07/msg00001.html

Best regards,
--
Andi Sugandi.
openSUSE-id Team, openSUSE Community Member.

https://connect.opensuse.org/pg/profile/andisugandi