[Koha-devel] [ORIGINAL POST] Koha 3.4.02: Date::ICal and SMS::Send Perl modules issue on openSUSE 11.4

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Fri Jul 8 15:16:45 CEST 2011

Andi Sugandi wrote:
> cmiiw, I think KOHA *only* failed to find Date::ICal and SMS:Send
> modules, others that installed by "zypper" (as also discribe in "Using
> zypper to install CPAN modules" section of INSTALL.opensuse file) can
> successfully be found.
>
> imho, This is a little weird as only those modules failed to be found
> when others can, but I will try on other machine (clean install)
> whether this issues are reproducible or not.

Yeah, I don't get this.  I'd expect all modules to fail or all packaged
modules to fail or all cpan modules to fail, not just two.  I feel like
I must be missing something.

The @INCs look OK to me.  What does
      ./koha_perl_deps.pl -m
output when you run it from the unpacked koha download's folder?

If that doesn't report Date::ICal and SMS:Send as missing, then
there's some environment difference between your webserver and
your shell which causes this, but that's a big haystack :-(

> Btw, I also made similar thread[11] on openSUSE-edu list in case the
> issue can be solved easier (& quicker).
> [11] http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-edu/2011-07/msg00001.html

Thanks for letting us know.

Hope that helps,