[Koha-devel] File organisation within release tarball

Mahesh T Pai paivakil at gmail.com
Fri Jul 22 09:06:50 CEST 2011

MJ Ray <mjr at phonecoop.coop> writes:

 > Please don't hide the instructions.  We already have enough problems
 > from people following random web pages instead of the INSTALL* files.
 > I feel they should remain in the top directory.
>
 > Lots of other stuff might make sense to move around, but INSTALL*,
 > README, COPYING*, NEWS and Changelog should remain on the top,
 > as in the GNU Coding Standards for releases:
 > http://www.gnu.org/prep/standards/html_node/Releases.html#Releases

Agreed; but things get confusing with several INSTALL* in top directory,
and almost overlapping files in install_misc/ directory. At least, for
debian.

Another approach could be to have a single INSTALL file in the top, with
pointers to distro / distroversion specific INSTALL* files in, say,
install_misc.

Right now, there would be a bit confusion for somebody entirely new to
Koha.

 > Tidying up cronjobs like rebuild_zebra for 3.6 seems like a good idea,
 > especially if the new zebraqueue daemon isn't ready.

As already suggested, will try to create a patch for this. Let me see if
I can do it

--
Mahesh T. Pai   ||
Distribute Free Software --