[Koha-devel] The situation of the CIRC module

Paul Poulain paul.poulain at biblibre.com
Tue Jul 26 17:57:27 CEST 2011

Le 07/07/2011 11:33, Zeno Tajoli a écrit :
> Hi to all,
Hi Zeno,

late answer, but better late than never ;-)
> a library has asked us a develop about circolation in Koha.
> They want:
> -- Automatic check-in after an hold if the book is avaible and  a mial
> to user with the message 'Go to pickup the book'.
Doesn't it exist already in Koha ?
> -- A mail to user is the book is on loan after an hold.
??? I don't understand
> -- Automatic renews (if there aren't holds), max 3.
This does not exist (and should just require a script, no DB change I think)
> -- Check-out with a self-check out station
This already exists in Koha
> -- When a book with an hold returns, automticaly the system does
> check-in and sends a mail to the user with the message 'Go to pickup the
> book'.
Same as #1 or there's something i've missed ?
> To implement this develop I need a more robust table about holds, I
> probably need to add fields to table tmp_holdsqueue.
>
> Can you send to the list your plans (at SQL level) for CIRC and holds in
> particular ?
> There is any developer that is working on similar features ?
at SQL level, we've (BibLibre) have added a reserves.reservenumber field
(see bugzilla 5872). It's a Primary key for reserves, and it's a
must-have (we should have have it for years !)
other changes are related to issuingrules, with more columns for more
granular hold rules.

ByWater has hourly loans underway, they may give some informations about
DB changes

I never worked with tmp_holdsqueue, so can't help you here.

Do you have answers to your question ?

--
Paul POULAIN
http://www.biblibre.com