[Koha-devel] The situation of the CIRC module

Zeno Tajoli tajoli at cilea.it
Thu Jul 7 11:33:35 CEST 2011

Hi to all,

a library has asked us a develop about circolation in Koha.
They want:
-- Automatic check-in after an hold if the book is avaible and  a mial
to user with the message 'Go to pickup the book'.
-- A mail to user is the book is on loan after an hold.
-- Automatic renews (if there aren't holds), max 3.
-- Check-out with a self-check out station
-- When a book with an hold returns, automticaly the system does
check-in and sends a mail to the user with the message 'Go to pickup the
book'.

In fact they want an automatic CIRC library, leand the books without a
librarian.

I see the RFCs about circulation, the Biblibre enhancements.
I want to know the situation at SQL level

To implement this develop I need a more robust table about holds, I
probably need to add fields to table tmp_holdsqueue.

Can you send to the list your plans (at SQL level) for CIRC and holds in
particular ?
There is any developer that is working on similar features ?

Cheers
Zeno Tajoli
--
Dott. Zeno Tajoli