[Koha-devel] Perl scripts not ending in .pl

Colin Campbell colin.campbell at ptfs-europe.com
Sun Jul 31 17:34:50 CEST 2011

On 30/07/11 20:51, Edgar Fuß wrote:
> Some of Koha's Perl scripts have filenames not ending in .pl.
> This just hit me badly because those are not handled by fix-perl-path.PL.

There's no reason for a perl program to end in .pl beyond convention
(and a discredited convention in some circles) I think its really a bug
in fix-perl-path...
One wonders id using /usr/bin/env perl might be better on the shebang
line. It certainly makes testing with multiplr perls easier.
Colin

--
Colin Campbell
Chief Software Engineer,