[Koha-devel] KOHA version 3.0, my question is about the advantages of KOHA 4

Clay Fouts cfouts at liblime.com
Mon Jun 6 17:17:34 CEST 2011

Why would anyone use it? I've given a link to the current release notes that
document the features that are unique to our fork. There are release notes
for previous version, as well. We don't develop features for the fun of it
(usually); we develop features that libraries want and that don't yet exist.
Just as a brief example, many libraries have records that hundreds or even a
thousand items. Koha 3.4 can't handle those. LibLime Koha 4.2 can.

LibLime Academic Koha (née LibLime Enterprise Koha) is still very actively
developed and updated with regular time-based releases that offer new
features like improved search syntax, browse searching, and real authority
control. I'm not sure exactly what you're alluding to by citing it, but it
continues to grow in both feature set and user base.

Clay