[Koha-devel] Trouble with CSS files after creating package with translations

Robin Sheat robin at catalyst.net.nz
Thu Jun 23 01:20:50 CEST 2011

Vincent Danjean schreef op wo 22-06-2011 om 16:37 [+0200]:
>   If you have a control.in and if generating different package language is
> really similar, you can auto-generate the paragraph in control.
> For an example, look at
> http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=collab-maint/koha.git;a=tree;f=debian;hb=wip
> the file control, control.LL and rules

The templating is done with M4, so that should be possible. I'd suggest
it'd be worth getting two languages in there and then extracting the
stuff in common into templates.

> A 'classical' name for such packages is 'koha-l10n-XX' (see icedove, iceweasel,
> kde, koffice, libreoffice, ...). The install files can probably be autogenerated
> if the pattern is regular enough.

Good point. I'd say go with l10n. I'm not sure where I got
"translations" from :)

> Note that you can have a 'special' target in debian/rules to (re)generate
> packaging files (control, koha-l10n-XX.install, ...) that will be triggered
> manually by a developer when a new language must be added. But the
> control file *must not* be updated during a regular build of koha (with
> dpkg-buildpackage for examples). That would badly break the policy (and various
> tools at Debian if koha ended uploaded in official repo)

Currently we have a couple of shell scripts in debian/ to do similar
things. There's no reason we couldn't put them into the rules files
though.

Thanks for those comments, they're quite worthwhile.

--
Robin Sheat
Catalyst IT Ltd.